Aspire Chiropractic, Eyeworth
1. Introduction and General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us in person, by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence.
This Privacy Notice explains the following:
• What information Aspire Chiropractic will collect about you;
• How Aspire Chiropractic will use information we collect about you;
• When Aspire Chiropractic may use your details to contact you;
• Who Aspire Chiropractic might share your information with;
• The steps we’ll take to make sure your information stays private and secure;
• Your rights to your information
Aspire Chiropractic is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the GDPR legislation.
2. What information will Aspire Chiropractic collect about me?
You are present when your record card is completed during the initial consultation.
Completed patient record cards are stored (contact details, description of condition, medical history) as paper copies, in locked filing cabinets. When the clinic room is not being used by the chiropractor, it is locked.
Contact details (name, mobile number and e mail address) are held electronically on the practice principals phone and laptop and on the Ovatu appointment booking system.
3. How will Aspire Chiropractic use the information it collects about me?
Information collected on the record card during the initial consultation will only be used by the chiropractor in order to get an overall picture of your health and specific detail about your reason for attending the clinic. This will enable the chiropractor to make a working diagnosis which will inform the appropriate chiropractic care, including number and frequency of appointments.
Your information will be updated at each appointment. This will include how you respond to chiropractic care. You will also be asked if anything has changed regarding your health and personal information e.g. address and contact details.
Personal data will not be processed electronically, merely used by the chiropractor to aid diagnosis and direct treatment.
4. How do I give consent?
New Clients: Ovatu privacy consent is mandatory. It is not possible to create an account if consent is not given.
Clients are asked to provide information in order to complete their record card. They then sign to give consent to be examined and treated.
5. When will Aspire Chiropractic contact me?
You will be contacted via phone, SMS or e mail to book and confirm appointments.
6. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
7. Will Aspire Chiropractic share my personal information with anyone else?
Information will not be shared unless you have requested sharing information with another therapist/GP/Consultant.
8. What if I am a client aged under 16?
Parent/ Guardian signed consent will be required if you are under 16.
Children’s personal data is stored in the same way as adult data. It is only used by the chiropractor to aid diagnosis and direct treatment.
9. How long will Aspire Chiropractic keep my information?
Record cards will be archived or destroyed in accordance with GCC guidance.
10. Can I delete my data?
Data held on the Ovatu booking system can be deleted.
Record card information can only be deleted in accordance with GCC guidance. Currently, this information has to be held for 7 years after the last client appointment.
11. Can I find out what personal information Aspire Chiropractic holds about me?
Client record cards can be accessed upon request, within 1 month of the request being made, free of charge.
12. Data breaches
A data breach could only occur if record cards were taken from the locked cabinet in which they are stored. If this happens the ICO and affected clients would be notified where feasible within 72 hours unless the breach is unlikely to result in risk to individuals.
Pam Lander is assigned the role of Data Protection Officer. Contact details are:
2 Sutton Road, Eyeworth, Sandy, Beds. SG19 2TP